4.17.2009

Birthday-versary

Happy birthday or anniversary to my blog :).
Birthdays are anniversaries.

(Found on Flickr...couturecupcakerymm's photostream)

Tangent: It makes me a litle crazy when people refer to monthly milestones as "anniversaries". Example... We've been dating for 3 months...Happy Anniversary!! Technically, it would be a mensiversary. I realize that doesn't exactly spring to mind or off the tongue...and the latin word "mensis" - for month - makes me think of menses...so then I don't want to say Happy Mensiversary. I've settled on Happy Monthiversary. ...just not Happy Anniversary unless it's appropriate.

2 comments:

elisa said...

I'm hiring you to make AK's birthday cupcakes sometime. LOVE the elephant!!!!! Happy monthiversary...mensiversary sound like an unpleasant medical procedure. :/

Amanda said...

I'll have to practice for AK...I just found this photo on Flickr :). And you're right...monthiversary is better; it's what I've always used.