12.29.2009

Speaking of which...

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson 

"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him." ~ Galileo Galilei

"Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it." 
~ Michel de Montaigne

"Actions lie louder than words." ~ Carolyn Wells

And from Robert Frost...

The rose is a rose,
And was always a rose. 
But the theory now goes
That the apple's a rose,
And the pear is, and so's
The plum, I suppose.
The dear only know
What will next prove a rose.
You, of course, are a rose--
But were always a rose.

Lastly, cutting from an e-mail...and quoting my dear friend, Shauntice:

"Love is not supposed to be confusing, angry, hurtful, and it certainly isn't unsure." 

She was spot on with everything she wrote in the e-mail that contained that sentence, which for me, was quotable.  Love will be sure, for sure.  

Signed,
Always a Rose

2 comments:

Nance said...

These are all good words. Yours are usually at least as quotable and I'm always so pleased to find a new post from you in my Reader. Thank you, my smart and dear young friend, for your eloquent comments on my post, too. Just what I needed to class up the joint! Amanda Rose, meet Jack and Sheria...check them out. I'd hug you if I could get hold of you today.

Trey said...

I'm not sure if love is supposed to be confusing, angry, and hurtful or not...but in my experience it nearly always is. Unless you're loving a dog, then it's pretty much straightforward, happy, and feels good all the time.