11.25.2008

Don't Be Daft

If you're feeling a bit nerdy, check in with a newly created blog my friend & coworker, Renee, and I are writing.

The content is inspired by things we come across at work that make us laugh... For as long as we've been working together, we've been entertained by weird article titles and shared them with each other (we work in a medical library...basically assisting people with research). Renee has been better about saving them and I've been telling her she should write about all that she finds for months now. The only way I could make it happen was to start it myself; now that I have...I'm hoping she'll dive in. She really is much better about paying attention, though now that we're blogging....I'll be more alert.


The title - Don't Be Daft - was inspired by a group home resident I worked with Charlotte. Unusually for a severely autistic adult, Derek is verbal. Not only is he verbal...but he was raised in England. The accent and colloquialisms made life much more interesting; not that we needed added drama at the group home. Derek called me "Damanda"... And whenever he felt anyone he was being silly, he would say (let's say he was talking to me)...with both hands placed expectantly on his hips....Damanda, don't be daft. That, among other things, stayed with me and came to mind when titling the blog.

So anyway... Assuming we keep up with it...it's there :). Check it out, if you're so inclined.

1 comment:

Kimmey said...

I LOVE the title of your new blog. I mean LOVE! It is so great! I think it is great to me a bit nerdy! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. LOVE YOU :)