6.06.2008

All Over the Place.

Not that anything comes close to SEC football, but last night is the only time...that I can recall anyway...scream-yelling at the TV while watching something other than a game.


I cheered as Stephen made it through each round...


My heart sank when Shelia Kaiser was cut...


I yelled "NOOOOOO!"...when Evan Kasprzak was let go...


...and I SCREAMED when Stephen made the Top 20.


(I'm talking about So You Think You Can Dance...by the way.)


There are a lot of dancers in the Top 20 who either didn't get my attention (for whatever that's worth), or who weren't focused on, during the auditions. You can go here for a closer look at the Top 20... The last guy looks like Martin Lawrence to me.

I'm THRILLED for Stephen...Twitch. I'm going to start calling him Twitch. I am. I'm happy about Kourtni Lind and Courtney Galiano. I'm not surprised to see Chelsie Hightower, and I AM floored to see Susie Garcia. I also read she is a former NFL cheerleader...I think several of them are. As for the rest...I'll have to watch to get to know them. I have other opinions, but enough.

Grandmama is doing better today... She crashed Wednesday...showed some improvement yesterday...and is reportedly a lot better today; I'll see her this afternoon. Who knows what the weekend will hold... Thanks for your thoughts and prayers... Brenda and I were helping her with dinner Tuesday...this was her pureed plate. Poor, poor Grandmama. She is being fed via NG tube now...if nothing else, I can promise her she's not missing anything. She makes the most terrible faces when trying the various piles (icky word, but it's applicable)...who can blame her?!




















Oddly, I received two phone calls from some sort of storm/weather service in Dubuque, Iowa (according to the area code) last night/this morning...the final one was @ 3:41am. I was being warned of tornadoes and other severe weather. I was half asleep...and it was a recording. I remember thinking I should move away from my window...that my bathtub seemed to far away...and I also remember turning on the TV to see if we were under any warnings [locally]. Weird. I have a dear friend in Iowa who was recently married; I need to send a note to see if they're okay.

I have a cold. I hate summer colds. Then too, I don't particularly enjoy spring, winter, or fall colds. I did a science project on the common cold when I was in either 7th or 8th grade. We lived in Japan at the time, and my teacher's name was Mr. Hovenkotter. He wore Birckenstocks. I had never seen them until I met him...


Tiffany sent a picture of Addison via phone yesterday... It was the first picture I've seen since the ones taken the day she was born... Elisa and others have spoiled me with regular updates. Sweet baby girl (Addison Brooke Horton) sleeping...


















I
'm going to try to reign it in... Lunch is over and I can't fix this spacing :/.

1 comment:

elisa said...

Addison is gorgeous and SO tiny...I don't think Anna Kate was ever that tiny...well, maybe in February! :) I haven't had a chance to watch Thurs night's episode :( but I am floored that that pink haired chick from Miami made it! ACK! Glad to hear things at least sound stable with Grandmama! Hope you have a good weekend despite the cold!